Countdown to Christmas with our 12 favorite Champion Wellness Features!
1. Pain Relief: Low back pain accounts for some of the highest percentages of disability burden. Chiropractic and massage therapy are both known for alleviating pain, especially in the back and neck.
2. Improved Joint Function: Adjustments provide a low impact controlled force to a joint in order to restore or enhance joint function. This movement also helps to decrease joint inflammation and reduce pain.
3. Muscle Recovery: Therapies such as cupping, IASTM, dry needling, and massage work to relieve fascial adhesions allowing muscles to move freely for improved range of motion and performance. These techniques also stimulate an inflammatory response to promote muscle recovery and stimulate lymphatic drainage.
4. Headache Relief: While there are a variety of types of headaches, many have an underlying musculoskeletal component. And for those patients, muscle release and manual chiropractic therapy are enough to knock that headache out in a few visits.
5. Better Posture: Chiropractic care often includes guidance on maintaining proper posture with strength and stability exercises. This can reduce strain on the spine and improve overall function.
6. Preventative Care For Kids: Did you know that chiropractic care can be a safe, gentle, and effective part of your child's health plan? Like adults, children are susceptible to musculoskeletal issues and thus respond well to movement-based conservative treatments.
7. Improved Sleep Quality: Professional therapeutic massages help reduce the overstimulation of the sympathetic nervous system, helping your body to relax and reset. Not only do many patients sleep better after their massage, some sleep DURING their massage!
8. Stress Management: The long-term effects of stress can take emotional and physical tolls. Chiropractic and massage address physical tension in the body and are an excellent asset for stress management.
9. Injury Prevention: At Champion Wellness we use a three step process to Evaluate, Educate, and Rehabilitate in order to establish and maintain optimal joint and muscle function.
10. Enhanced Athletic Performance: Athletes often seek chiropractic care to improve flexibility and reduce pain. Coupled with rehabilitative exercises and sports massage, chiropractic can help athletes function at peak performance level.
11. Covered by HSA/FSA: Did you know you can use your health savings account for therapeutically beneficial massages? Win-win!
12. Pregnancy Care: Thanks to an array of hormones, our bodies go through some pretty amazing physical changes in pregnancy. Some of these changes, unfortunately, have an impact on posture and comfort. As the baby becomes heavier, our center of gravity shifts and posture adjusts accordingly. There are also changes to the pelvis as the body begins to prepare for labor. With the use of chiropractic adjustments in conjunction with targeted muscle release techniques, Dr. Heather has been able to provide many pregnant women with relief from aches and pains during pregnancy.